Sunday 27 August 2017

Introduction!

Hi there! I am 'Petit Piaf,' and this is a blog I hope to keep up with in the following months and years.

I normally go by the name of Petit Piaf as my alias on the internet. The name stems from two things - mainly, my friend once referred to me as a sparrow, and a woman I admire carries my namesake (guess who) made that particular common noun her stage name. I thought it was neat, so 6 years ago I decided to reprise that particular name. And here I am.

Regarding my hobbies, I'm mainly into lolita, makeup, and dressing up. I like to craft as well. I used to love reading, however with my work I often feel myself guilted into studying rather than reading for pleasure. I regretfully have untouched novels that I one day hope to get through. I really hope that I have more time in the future to pursue reading once more!

I work in the medical field, but for the most part I like to keep my hobbies separate from work. My work while rewarding is often very stressful, and I find that lolita is a way to distance mentally from it. That being said, Misako is a great inspiration for me. I think she embodies the pursuit of excellence in both hobby and my work. I also take inspiration from as all my fellow lolitas who also work in the medical field, and any and all careers.

I love classic lolita the most! I also like casual lolita and otome style. I rarely partake in sweet and gothic lolita but I think I can if pushed to do it. I would love to do mori/natural kei as well, but unfortunately my closet probably can't take it.

I also have an interest in all things pretty and old - jewelry, clothing, cards, etc. I guess you could call my aesthetic grandma-kei.

I write this blog not really to gain fame, but as a way of expressing myself. I used to write fiction, but with work, that has fallen by the wayside. I hope to increase my skills in communication, as well as have some fun expressing my passion for lolita, and my feelings surrounding it. If by chance you are visiting this page, I hope you find some things interesting and of note! And as always - let me know what you think!

- P.P.

1 comment:

  1. Love your site. I would like to give my thanks for doing such a good job. I will come back to read more and inform my coworkers about your site.

    Hue Shore Excursion
    Phong Nha Pioneer Travel
    centralvietnampackagetour
    viettours
    mysontours

    ReplyDelete